Doryteuthis (subgenus undescribed) sanpaulensis
Sao Paulo squid
- Mantle moderately long.
- Fins rhombic, relatively long, 55% of ML (exceptionally to 65%).
- Arms moderately long.
- Sucker rings with 5 to 7 broad truncate teeth distally, smooth proximally.
- Left ventral arm hectocotylized along dista1 45% of arm length by great reduction in size of suckers in dorsal row that are set on conical to elongate thickened pedicels; suckers on ventral row normal but pedicels are slightly elongate and thickened.
- Tentacles long; clubs expanded.
- marginal suckers relatively large -- median manal suckers only about 1/3 larger than marginal suckers.
- Sucker rings with about 25 pointed, separated teeth, smaller and more widely spaced proximally.
- Synonymy: Loligo brasiliensis.
- Vernacular Names: En: Sao Paulo squid, Fr: Calmar de Sao Paulo, Sp: Calamar de Sao Paulo
Page copyright © 2010
Page: Tree of Life Doryteuthis (subgenus undescribed) sanpaulensis The TEXT of this page is licensed under the . Sao Paulo squid. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 02 September 2010
- Content changed 02 September 2010
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2010. Doryteuthis (subgenus undescribed) sanpaulensis http://tolweb.org/Doryteuthis_%28subgenus_undescribed%29_sanpaulensis/53068/2010.09.02 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Sao Paulo squid. Version 02 September 2010 (under construction).